Please wait while we are processing your request
Share My Gallery
Portrait Prep !
Congratulations! You've booked your portrait session... now what?
The best things are never rushed! So, you can start prepararing for your session a couple of weeks before your shoot date. Believe it or not, there's a bit to think about before you step in front of the lens. But don't worry, here are some tips to help you to bring your A game to any shoot.
- Start upping your water intake now! Water is the best for vibrant looking skin & eyes. Hydration is important for that pretty, dewy look.
- SLEEP! Starting sneaking in a little more sleep, if you can manage it. Having quality sleep in the week or two before your session will do wonders for your skin & eye area. BONUS! You will look naturally refreshed... because you are!
- Everyone likes a fresh new look, especially for portrait sessions. We suggest booking your haircut for a week before your shoot so you can get use to it.
- Facials are the best! We can all agree about that! Book that facial a week before your shoot. This gives your skin time to breathe & heal. Giving you the best skin for shoot day.
- Limit your salt & alcohol for the few days leading up to your shoot. Salt & Alcohol retain water. The last thing you want is to have puffy eyes and face for your session.
- Figure out what you are wearing and try it on the week of your shoot. You want to make sure that everything fits well and is appropriate for your session. TIP: Snap a few photos of the outfits, email the studio & we can help you figure out what is best !
- Once you picked out your outfit, have it dry cleaned or ironed before your shoot. Depending on the shoot location, you may be able to change at our studio. If so, travel in comfy clothes and get ready at the studio; so you look as fresh as possible.
- Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize. Your shoot will mainly focus on your top half. Accessorize your look with earrings or a statement necklace to really make your photos pop.
- Remember to enjoy yourself and the preparation for your shoot!